The 2016 Debut Authors Bash hosted by YA Reads is a fantastic way to discover new authors and their books. I’m hosting the wonderfully funny and talented Jennifer DiGiovanni, author of the delightfully witty young adult romance, My Senior Year of Awesome. You can read my five star review of this debut novel here.
In honor of Sadie’s love of lists, Jen has put together a top ten list of vacation disasters for us today. This ties in nicely with her novella, My Disastrous Summer Vacation, as well book two in the School Dayz series, My Junior Year of Loathing, both coming later this year.
Leave your own funniest vacation disaster in the comments section.
Top Ten Vacation Disasters
- When you bring the hair spray for 10% humidity level, but you encounter a 100% humidity level.
- That time your parents decided to showcase their vocal skills at the resort’s family karaoke night.
- Any situation that prompts you to say “I’m sure we’ll laugh about this later.”
- When you pick up the wrong suitcase at baggage claim and wind up with a week’s worth of clothes fit for your grandmother.
- Unintentionally hiking through a skunk crossing.
- Packing underwear for only 2 of your 3 children.
- “Sorry, the swimming pool is closed for maintenance. But the arcade is open.”
- “Didn’t we tell you when you booked this cruise that it’s Star Trek fan club week? Please come to dinner dressed as your favorite Vulcan.”
- Making it to the airport with 5 minutes to spare. And finding out that your plane leaves from gate Z-189 when your standing at gate A-1.
- Seriously? You need a passport to get into Bermuda?
About the Book
Title: My Senior Year of Awesome
Series: School Dayz #1
Author: Jennifer DiGiovanni
Publisher: Swoon Romance
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
A girl desperately tries to avoid the boy she was voted most likely to marry by her senior classmates. To prove senior superlative votes are meaningless, she and her best friend create their own list of awesome high school achievements to be completed by graduation.
It’s the final semester of senior year, and everyone at Harmony High can’t wait to find out the results of the Senior Superlative votes! But the balloon bursts in Sadie’s face when she discovers she’s been voted “Most Likely to Get Married” to Andy – a boy she’s never dated or ever thought of as a potential boyfriend. Completely and utter mortification sets in.
To prove high school means something more than a Senior Superlative award, Sadie and her best friend Jana decide to create their own list of awesome non-academic achievements to be completed before graduation.
Yet, the harder Sadie works to show everyone she’s not the least bit attracted to Andy, the more appealing he becomes. Typical for the girl who can’t seem to achieve anything important, even the completion of one lousy college application.
When senioritis kicks in and the school year dwindles down to mere weeks, Sadie decides to risk her good girl reputation to prove that an Awesome Achievement means much more than any Senior Superlative vote. By the time Sadie realizes her epic screw-up, she just might have lost her chance at the prom date of her dreams.
About the Author
Jennifer is a freelance writer and YA author. When she’s not writing, you can find her reading, working on home design projects, or trying to meet the daily goals on her Fitbit. My Senior Year of Awesome is her first novel.
One paperback copy of My Senior Year of Awesome. U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
a Rafflecopter giveaway