Welcome to the blog tour for HARDWIRED, the first book in the adult romantic suspense series, Navy SEAL, by Andrea Bills. See below for information on the book, buy links, a guest post on the top ten songs that remind her of the plot, and details on her giveaway.
About the Book
Series: Navy SEAL #1
Author: Andrea Bills
Release Date: September 1, 2018
Genre: Adult Romantic Suspense
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
When Navy Seal Operative Luke Kiersey is finally granted leave after five years, he finds himself driving to a house he doesn’t recognize in a town he’s never been to. The house is home to a beautiful woman and a little girl with big blue eyes. Day after day, he drives back only to hide in the shadows and wonder why he can’t seem to walk away from them.
His therapist says is PTSD.
His handler tells him he’s just not cut out to be part of the civilian world.
Luke can’t help but feel like it’s more.
The dog tags that once hung proudly around his neck, now feel like a collar; leashing him to a life that he fears he didn’t choose. After the terrible things he’s done in the name of freedom, could he possibly be worthy of something as precious as the woman and child he continues to watch?
When the two worlds collide, Luke needs his mind to be stronger than the implant the government placed in his back. They’ve told him he can’t survive without the implant they use to control him, but Luke’s wondering if he can survive without the little girl with big blue eyes and the gorgeous woman she calls mamma.
Guest Post – Top 10 Songs That Remind Me of the Plot
Just know that I’m rubbing my hands together with excitement over discussing my playlist for Hardwired. When I was first asked for a playlist for the first book I wrote I had no idea that was a thing. I of course listened to music while I was writing, but I didn’t make a playlist, but now I’m much more in the know so I’m prepared.
- First and foremost to the song that gave birth to this entire book. Halsey’s Gasoline. I heard this song while on a road trip, and pulled off the interstate to get my thoughts written down so I wouldn’t lose them. Luke was born on the side of Interstate 70 just outside of Washington, PA.
- Taylor Swift- I Know Places– Perfect on the run song.
- Eric Church- The Outsiders– This song makes me think of Luke, Dean and Kip as a unit.
- Taylor Swift- This Love– I love all the ocean elements of this song, it just fit so perfectly. It’s definitely Luke and Jen’s love song.
- Miranda Lambert- Tin Man- This song personifies Jen for me while she grieves.
- Kenny Chesney- Wild Child– Bella has to have a song too, coincidentally enough I always think of my own daughter when I hear this song.
- Cody Jinks- Loud and Heavy– The opening of this song gave me all the feels when writing Luke’s SEAL scenes. The lyrics are powerful.
- Brett Young- Would You Wait for Me– This one just seems to obvious for a military romance
- Miley Cyrus- Adore You
- Miranda Lambert- Bathroom Sink
Here’s the link to the list on Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/user/g9wdriqkx1f455ws0r7eusmoh/playlist/6UoQnoHgT8Y9sqTu4FxdAh?si=NBoS4uy6Q0WlainLiC9kwA
Thank you so much for having me here and helping me celebrate Hardwired!
About the Author
Andrea is a wife, mother and writer from small town West Virginia. She spends her time while she’s not dreaming up lovers and villains alike chasing after her two kids and husband.
Her overactive imagination and her husband’s wacky dreams attribute to her love of the written word. Guilty pleasures include reading all night and Reese Cups.
a Rafflecopter giveaway