Welcome to the book blitz for TORN, a stand-alone LGBTQ+ M/M/M young adult contemporary romance, by Mia Kerick. See below for information the book, buy links, an exclusive guest post, and details on her giveaway.
Vinny Bucci and Tommy Stecker are almost cousins—their mothers call themselves “sisters of the heart,” so that sort of makes them cousins, doesn’t it? Since childhood, they’ve shared holidays and Sunday services and their passion for soccer. But now they’re eighteen, high school seniors, and what has always been devoted friendship—the next best thing to family—has started to feel like something else. Something more….
Unfortunately, the Steckers can’t accept their son’s same-sex romance, and upon recognizing the teens’ mutual attraction, they push Tommy into dating a girl from church, then compel him to attend a Christian College far away from Vinny’s school. The Buccis and the Steckers—once a family of choice—clash over what’s right and go their separate ways.
Forced into separation, Vinny and Tommy are both devastated, but while Vinny hardens his heart to love, halfway across the country Tommy becomes emotionally and physically ill. Their passion for each other hasn’t diminished, let alone died, but they lose contact, and for the first time in their lives learn what it is to live with a broken heart.
Will Tommy and Vinny find their way back to each other, or will they accept the rules dictated by family and try to live severed lives, their love forever unfulfilled?
A Mature Young Adult Romance
Hi readers! Mia Kerick here, and today I’m promoting my new release, Torn, a novella that I call a story ballad because it makes you feel the way a ballad playing on the car stereo makes you feel. Picture it: you’re driving down a tree-lined country road on a brilliant summer day, windows down, sunroof open wide, wind in your hair…set to the sound of a melancholy tune that is louder than your thoughts. Torn is an intense, passionate read, so I figure that, you may need some comic relief.
And here it is… Gifts for the person who has everything.
What do you give the person who has everything? How about giving them a laugh?
Here are the top ten FUNNY GIFTS you can give to share the smiles.
- I need this mug!!
- In my family’s case this doormat states fact. This would be a great gift for Momma Mia Kerick!
- Most American men could use a few squirts of this Instant British Accent Breath Spray. I definitely could after I suck down a cup of dark roast out of the mug shown above.
- Business in the front, party in the back. Men and women alike need this MULLET HEADBAND!! I challenge you not to laugh at the sight of your little brother or five-year-old daughter wearing it!
- Ewww… but yeah!! I just want to meet the person who came up with this!!
- For the distinguished baby…
- Wasn’t this model once a SNL cast member? In any case, I want one for when I fall asleep on the couch. #neverlonely
- Now everybody can have three carats!!!
- Some of us already have these, so it is only fair that we share the hairy joy!
- Maybe it is mean, but the truth actually does hurt. Give a stack of these to your favorite parking critic—we all know one. He or she will know what to do with them.
About the Author
Mia Kerick is the mother of four exceptional children—all named after saints—and five nonpedigreed cats—all named after the next best thing to saints, Boston Red Sox players. Her husband of twenty years has been told by many that he has the patience of Job, but don’t ask Mia about that, as it is a sensitive subject.
Mia focuses her stories on the emotional growth of troubled men and their relationships, and she believes that sex has a place in a love story, but not until it is firmly established as a love story. As a teen, Mia filled spiral-bound notebooks with romantic tales of tortured heroes (most of whom happened to strongly resemble lead vocalists of 1980s big-hair bands) and stuffed them under her mattress for safekeeping. She is thankful to Dreamspinner Press for providing her with an alternate place to stash her stories.
Mia is proud of her involvement with the Human Rights Campaign and cheers for each and every victory made in the name of marital equality. Her only major regret: never having taken typing or computer class in school, destining her to a life consumed with two-fingered pecking and constant prayer to the Gods of Technology.
a Rafflecopter giveaway