Author Donnielle Tyner is unveiling the cover to Redeem, a novella in The Caelian Cycle, a young adult paranormal/dystopian series, releasing in January. See below for the cover, information on the book and the rest of the series, and a link to add it to your Goodreads TBR.
About the Book
Series: The Caelian Cycle #2.5
Author: Donnielle Tyner
Release Date: January, 2016
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal/Dystopian
A boy without a voice.
A teen without a home.
A man without hope.
Kian knows the way his life is headed will be the death of him. It doesn’t matter how many criminals he catches for Gordon’s Bounty Detective Agency or how deep he tries to fall into the bottle – those eyes haunt him.
All it took was one whisper of bad advice, one wrong choice, one mistake, to wipe out years of confidence he had struggled to build while living on his Grandmother’s farm. Then Kian found the box of files overflowing with unsolved crimes.
Those cold cases jolted his soul from its vegetative state and awakened his resolve. Kian knew those cases were meant for him to solve, but the last thing he expected to find within a few wrinkled folders was his ultimate redemption.
Bound by Vengeance.
Sadie has found the resolve to fight the man who caused so much pain in her life. Her tentative alliance with the HCA underground gives her the resources to train both her body and Talent for when she comes face to face with her grandfather.
Bound by Loss.
Being separated from her friends at St Vincent’s is harder than she could have ever realized and it doesn’t help that Kian has withdrawn from her as well. With help from a new friend, Sadie uncovers more about her past and that someone close to her has been keeping secrets from Sadie her entire life.
Bound by Fear.
Tragedy strikes close to home, giving a longstanding enemy, one desperate and willing to do anything to have Sadie on their side, an opportunity to arise. Allies and friends come together to stand against evil, but at a terrible cost. Sadie’s history and future collide while the world is thrown into chaos. Sadie must overcome or forever be Bound.
During WW1, a meteorite crashed, releasing a mist that changed the DNA of all who were exposed. One hundred years has passed and society is divided between the Norms and the Caelians, whose changed DNA awakened dormant gifts, called Talents.
Sadie is over it!
She’s an orphan, her boyfriend was murdered, and she’s the only Caelian at St. Vincent’s without a Talent. Once she turns 18, there will be no place for her in the world. That is, until a chance encounter with Kian, a Caelian boy who makes her feel uncomfortable and alive at the same time.
Secrets of her past are uncovered and Sadie’s latent, rare Talent is exposed. With great power comes the hunters, hired by an egomaniac who wants to use Sadie’s power to establish Caelian dominance. On the run with Kian and her friends, Sadie will have to decide: hide or fight.
Will Sadie accept her new reality or will she stay lost?
About the Author
Hello! Donnielle here, obviously. I really don’t like talking about myself, so lets get this party started. I spend most of my free time writing, but when I’m not writing, I spend my time reading, binge watching Netflix, homeschooling my two children, and hanging out with my husband.
A few fun facts about me:
1. I began writing when I was in junior high. A teacher approached me with a poetry book and I fell in love. Writing poetry has helped me express myself through some of the darkest times in my life.
2. I am always reading something and own hundreds of eBooks. I thank the technology gods for the invention of e-readers. Series are my favorite. I love it when I feel like I cannot stop reading a book. My favorite genre is sci-fi and paranormal.
3. I am a HUGE nerd and enjoy every medium of nerdom from comic books to Magic! The Gathering.
4. I am a serious introvert and need plenty of alone time so I don’t go insane. Seriously! I will cut someone if they cut in to my “me” time.
5. I have a passion for holistic medicine and create many of my own household products. My kids and husband will ask for some “oils” when they aren’t feeling well. I love growing herbs to make my own blends of herbal tea.
6. I read YA almost exclusively. There is just something about it that calls to my heart above other genres.
7. When I read paranormal it’s either about shifters or faeries.
8. Writing has always been a passion and a dream. I had many jobs and they never fulfilled me the way writing has.