Welcome to the blog tour for PIECES OF EIGHT, the first book in the adult romantic adventure series, Lost Souls’ Treasure, by Tricia Leedom. See below for information on the book, buy links, the book’s playlist, and details on her giveaway.
About the Book
Title: PIECES OF EIGHT
Series: Lost Souls’ Treasure Series #1
Author: Tricia Leedom
Publisher: Firefly Hill Press
Release Date: July 13, 2021
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU | Amazon DE | Amazon IT | Amazon FR | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo
From the author who whisked you away on a wild escapade in The Key West Escape Series comes a sexy, adventure-packed spin off. Follow Mitch Thompson and his team of misfits as they find danger, intrigue, and romance on the hunt for the legendary Lost Souls’ Treasure…
Former special ops aviator Griffin Dodge hasn’t been the same since he disobeyed a direct order and totaled a Blackhawk helicopter. After being separated from the military, he recovered from his injuries and took a job on a marine salvage crew based out of Key West. The only person he let himself get close to on the boat was a woman called “Bug” Martin, a waifish tomboy with a mean streak. They couldn’t have been more different – a former all-star golden boy from the mid-west and a French circus performer turned salvage diver – but they became best friends up until the day Griff’s high school sweetheart decided she wanted him back.
A year later, Bug still resents Griff for running off to Missouri and ghosting her and the crew. When her boss calls Griff into town for a favor, Bug wants to hit something. She settles on sucker-punching the selfish a-hole himself when he walks through the door. It doesn’t matter that he’s single again or that he’s sorry, she hates that she’s stuck flying shotgun to Martinique beside the guy who used to claim “quitting wasn’t in his vocabulary” before he abandoned their friendship and betrayed her trust.
The trip was supposed to take two days tops. Just enough time to retrieve the missing pages of a diary that could help lead the crew to The Lost Souls’ Treasure, but nothing is ever easy in Bug’s world. When the deal with the artifact collector goes south, Bug and Griff are forced to flee up the side of a volcano where the lava isn’t the only thing about to bubble over. The tension between them erupts into an unexpected night of passion that leaves them both questioning what comes next.
Griff starts to wonder if settling down in the suburbs still fits the man he’s become, while Bug isn’t sure if she’s willing to open her guarded-heart to the only man who’s ever broke it.
When a rival treasure hunter hellbent on finding the treasure first nabs Bug and another crew member, Griff realizes the future won’t matter, if he can’t bring his best friend home alive.
Piece of Eight (The Lost Souls’ Treasure Series Book One) is the first book my new contemporary romantic adventure series. I like to describe my books as sexy, funny, romantic action/adventure movies in print form, so I had a lot of fun creating a soundtrack for my novel.
1. Castaway by The Zac Brown Band – This song sets the tone of this book and the series. The opening lyrics capture what I want my readers to experience when they read one of my books… You’re “gonna have some fun tonight.” If you “wanna be a castaway and leave the world behind. Take a tropic holiday, say goodbye to keeping time…” then escape inside one of my adventures.
2. Waste of Lime by Ingrid Andreas – At its core, Pieces of Eight is a story about unrequited love. Griff and Bug (yes, that’s the heroine’s name) worked together on a marine salvage team out of Key West and were best friends up until the day Griff bailed on Bug to get back together with his ex. Bug, who had a secret crush on him, was heartbroken and angry. A year later, Griff returns, single again, but Bug still hasn’t forgiven him.
3. Desperado by Eagles – Griff’s theme song. Deep down, the sexy ex-Navy SEAL is lost and living with a lot of regrets.
4. Creep by Kina Grannis – Bug’s theme song. The former Circus performer turned salvage diver is a little different. She’s definitely not your typical heroine, but that makes her such an interesting character in my opinion.
5. Complicated by Carolyn Dawn Johnson – She hates him. She loves him. He still loves someone else. It’s complicated.
6. Kokomo by The Beach Boys – Tropical music interlude as our hero and heroine hop a flight to the Caribbean.
7. I Want You to Want Me by Letters to Cleo – What would you do if the man you were madly in love with—who also happened to be your best friend—came back into your life for just a few days? Would you take a shot and risk your friendship, or say nothing and pine for him after he was gone?
8. Somewhere on a Beach by Dierks Bentley – What if he kissed you and things went further than you ever expected?
9. Falling in Love (with my Best Friend) by Matt White – What if he started to have feelings for you?
10. Life is Better with You by Michael Franti & Spearhead – What if, just when he admitted how much he needed you, his ex called? (No spoilers from here on out.)
11. “The Man”- by Taylor Swift – I included this song because it’s an important secondary character’s cell phone ringtone. The song says a lot about this career-driven character who will make another appearance later in the series.
12. Shake Senora (feat. T-Pain and Sean Paul) by Pitbull, T-Pain, Sean Paul – Every adventure has a big, climatic action sequence. Insert this fun song here, and play it loud so you can hear it over the explosions.
13. If It Kills Me by Jason Mraz – *sigh*
14. You Are My Home by Man of Leisure – Double *sigh*
15. Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat – Roll the end credits. 😉
You can listen to the playlist I created for Piece of Eight here on Spotify.
About the Author
TRICIA LEEDOM enjoys traveling to exotic destinations and having torrid love affairs with hot, dangerous men… even if it’s only in her own mind. When she’s not writing romantic adventure novels, she reads voraciously, tweets compulsively, and fangirls over a TV show based on her favorite book series. Tricia earned her BA in Creative Writing from The University of Tampa and her MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University. Her favorite authors include Diana Gabaldon, J.R. Ward, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Karen Robards, and Johanna Lindsey. She lives in Southwest Florida with two very spoiled dogs. Follow Tricia on Twitter and Instagram @tricialeedom
a Rafflecopter giveaway